Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Great White Experience


I've just got back from Gansbaai on the South African Cape coast, and I had a REALLY amazing time with the White sharks. Day two saw 10 m visibility and calm water, with three nice big sharks to the east of Dyer Island.

I jumped overboard and within seconds was interacting with a 3.5m shark, one on one, without cage... This is the only way to go; apart from an unobstructed shot, the feeling of having big White sharks swimming within inches of you is indescribable! I managed to swim down a few meters to get the "low angle" view of the sharks as they swam over me.

Fiona Ayerst, photographer extraordinaire and shark conservationist, was taking stills from below me, I can't wait to see these, I'll post a few.

These stills are from HD video clips... The original shots are so amazing they put you on the verge of going howling mad when you watch! Stand by for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home